Sunday 2 November 2008

Escape from the Valley

Well with all the non existant water that the valley has been suffering Me, Finn, Hugh Graham and Paul Scopes decided to brave the North and go to HPP for the day.

After managing to negotiate several psycho lorry drivers and some dodgy last minute junction decisions we rocked up at the whitewater course.

The course has changed a lot since I was last there, but we found a couple of pretty good spots to session around the course. The inlet wave is great fun, easy to set up on and maintain. Finn considered this no sport at all renaming it losers hole. He went off in search of pastures new- me being old and stuck in my ways sessioned the top wave till I thought my head would explode- proper cold!

Finn, Hugh and Paul spent most of the session at a small wave just above the looping pool. Good little hole that got a bit stickier as the level dropped. The hole rewarded good technique and as Finns vid shows you could throw some pretty big loops in it. They then moved onto the muncher- not as good as I remember but Finn nailed a couple of big mcnasties in it and Hugh was getting close too.

Check out the vids. The first is of my top wave session (gratuitous amount of me I am afraid).



The second is the guys. Mainly on the small hole above the looping pool, but also has footage of the muncher and losers hole. Enjoy!


Matt

No comments: